Choosing accommodation graphic

UEA Accommodation

If you want to live on campus or be in city-based UEA-managed accommodation, you'll need to complete a separate application (unless specifically advised otherwise by your home university). Please note that single-semester students who are joining UEA in January of any academic year will only be able to apply for accommodation between 1-30 November.  University Residences remain open through Christmas and Easter breaks.


Residence Type Comparison Chart 2023-24

Accommodation Prices 2023-24


For further information and the application please visit the UEA accommodation page.


UEA can also provide you the opportunity to live with a local family.  This will be a great chance for you to see up close how British people live and to get a chance to practice your English. If you would like further information, please visit the Homestay page.

Private Accommodation

The UEA Students' Union co-ordinates the Home Run service which helps students find private accommodation in Norwich. Students planning to find private accommodation should contact as early as possible to request a username and password.

For Spring only: if you're looking to live with likeminded people of a similar age, who know Norwich and UEA well, an accommodation exchange with a UEA student is a great idea. You will be invited to join a Facebook accommodation exchange group if you are coming in the Spring semester. 

HomeRun House Hunting Guide