We’re committed to supporting your wellbeing here at UEA to help you reach your full potential. The Wellbeing team in Student Services is made up of experienced, professional advisers and trainers who can help with your wellbeing in a number of ways:
- Advice, guidance and support through one-to-one appointments or signposting to internal and external services
- Workshop and group sessions to help equip you with the skills to deal with issues such as stress, lack of motivation, maintaining a work/life balance, and more
- Professional mental health and wellbeing specialists to help you build upon your existing strengths as well as consider new strategies to try
- Access to one-at-a-time talking therapy which is designed to be accessible at the point of need rather than having to wait
- Support for students with disabilities (physical, mental or specific learning difficulties)– find out more about Disability support
- Wellbeing and Student Advisers are embedded within each Faculty, providing proactive support to students directly in their Schools of Study
- Access to Mental Health Awareness training to equip you with what you need to support others
- We have a single point of referral so we can assess the most appropriate support for you to save you navigating through the wealth of support available
In addition to support from Student Services, UEA students also have full access to Togetherall, an award-winning digital mental health service that offers 24/7 support with trained clinicians online at all times. The Wellbeing team also have close links with external services and the NHS, including the University Medical Centre, to ensure that all students get the support they need.
Watch our video to learn more about the support we offer:
There is a UEA Wellbeing Podcast and YouTube Channel, which you can access now and throughout your time at University. We have monthly themes where we breakdown big topics into manageable chunks. We explore these topics on the podcast and provide short videos with tips and techniques on our YouTube Channel.
Information for Parents, Carers and Employers
Please see our dedicated page for parents and carers where you can access frequently asked questions. In the meantime, if you have any wellbeing concerns regarding your child or an apprentice, please see below.
- If you wish to let us know about a concern you have for your child or an apprentice, please contact our Student Information Zone at:
- Please note, these contacts are only monitored Mon-Fri, 10:00 – 16:00. Once we have received your message we will confirm receipt.
- Please note, unless we have explicit consent from your child or apprentice or they are under 18, we are not allowed to update you or provide you with any information regarding their welfare.
- Please be reassured that when you contact us, we will do everything we can to ensure that your child’s or apprentices needs are met even though we may not be able to feed back to you.
- Do not use the live chat for emergency situations, please call 999 or 01603 592222 (Security) for assistance.