We’re committed to supporting your wellbeing here at UEA to help you reach your full potential. The Wellbeing team in Student Services is made up of experienced, professional advisers and trainers who can help with your wellbeing in a number of ways:
- Advice, guidance and support through one-to-one appointments or signposting to internal and external services
- Workshop and group sessions to help equip you with the skills to deal with issues such as stress, low mood, managing emotions, and more
- Professional mental health and wellbeing specialists to help you build upon your existing strengths as well as consider new strategies to try
- Access to single session talking therapy which is designed to be accessible at the point of need rather than having to wait
- Support for students with disabilities (physical, mental or specific learning difficulties)– find out more about Disability support
- Wellbeing and Student Advisers are embedded within each Faculty, providing proactive support to students directly in their Schools of Study
- Access to Mental Health Awareness training to equip you with what you need to support others
- We have a single point of referral so we can assess the most appropriate support for you to save you navigating through the wealth of support available
As a student at UEA, you’ll also have full access to Health Assured’s EAP in addition to support from Student Services – meaning that you’ll have health and wellbeing support 24/7, 365 days a year during your time at university. The Wellbeing team also have close links with external services and the NHS, including the University Medical Centre, to ensure that all students get the support they need.
Watch our video to learn more about the support we offer:
There is a UEA Wellbeing Podcast and YouTube Channel, which you can access now and throughout your time at University. We have monthly themes where we breakdown big topics into manageable chunks. We explore these topics on the podcast and provide short videos with tips and techniques on our YouTube Channel.
If you are a current UEA student who is looking for wellbeing support please access our online referral form or visit the wellbeing team’s My UEA pages. (login required)
Information for Parents & Carers
Please see our dedicated page for parents and carers where you can access frequently asked questions. In the meantime, if you have any wellbeing concerns regarding your child, please see below.
- If you wish to let us know about a concern you have for your child, please contact our Student Information Zone at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat: siz.uea.ac.uk
- Telephone: 01603 597580
- Please note, these contacts are only monitored Mon-Fri, 10:00 – 16:00. Once we have received your message we will confirm receipt.
- Please note, unless we have explicit consent from your child or they are under 18, we are not allowed to update you or provide you with any information regarding their welfare.
- Please be reassured that when you contact us, we will do everything we can to ensure that your child’s needs are met even though we may not be able to feed back to you.
- Do not use the live chat for emergency situations, please call 999 or 01603 592222 (Security) for assistance.
Don’t delay, call 111, option 2 if it’s a mental health concern or 999.
- Medical Emergencies: 999
- Urgent Medical Advice: 111
- The University Medical Service: 01603 251600
- UEA security: 01603 592222
- Samaritans: 116 123