We’re committed to supporting your wellbeing during your time at UEA to help you reach your full potential. The Wellbeing team in Student Services is made up of experienced, professional advisers who can help with your wellbeing in a number of ways:
- One-to-one support with our trained Wellbeing Advisers
- Workshop and group sessions to help equip students with the skills to deal with issues such as stress, low mood, managing emotions, and more
- Professional Mental Health Advisers who can provide advice, guidance and support
- Talking Therapies team who can provide counselling, CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) and PWPs (Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners)
- Wellbeing Advisers are embedded within each Faculty, providing proactive support to students directly in their Schools of Study
- Support for students with disabilities and long-term health conditions – find out more about Disability support
- Online resources and self-help
- Mental Health First Aid and Mental Health Awareness training for staff and students
As a student at UEA, you’ll also have full access to Health Assured’s EAP in addition to support from Student Services – meaning that you’ll have health and wellbeing support 24/7, 365 days a year during your time at university. The Wellbeing team also have close links with external services and the NHS, including the University Medical Centre, to ensure that all students get the support they need.
If you are a current UEA student who is looking for wellbeing support please access our online referral form (login required).
All students at UEA also have access to the OpenUp UEA app that can provide support with wellbeing
OpenUp is a student support app designed by students, for students. It can help students track their emotions to solve problems, as well as helping you find support services, manage your money and more.