Following the Government's announcement that social gatherings above six people are banned from 14 September 2020, we want to reassure you that we are still running campus tours as these are not classified as social gatherings. Please follow our safety measures as detailed below.
We are closely following all the latest Government advice so we can constantly review our plans and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. We will update our information regularly.
Take a tour of campus
We know that choosing a university is a daunting experience, especially during such uncertain times, and we know how important it is to visit the place where you may end up studying and living in future. That's why we've decided to give you the opportunity to come and look around campus with one of our current students.
Tours are delivered by our current students. When you arrive, we will allocate one student to deliver your tour and they will take you around campus to explore the outside of teaching buildings and accommodation blocks, green parkland and a variety of student facilities. We are unable to take you inside our buildings at the moment but some of our campus facilities are open, such as some of our coffee shops. Toilets will be available too. Please bring a face mask with you. Full details are in our Safety Measures information below.
Tours last approximately 30 minutes and pre-booking is essential. You can see a list of available dates and times to book a tour in the link below.
Once you've booked a tour, we will send you further information about arriving on campus.
We have introduced a number of additional safety measures on campus during the COVID-19 pandemic so that you feel safe and welcome when you visit us.
- Please drive to campus where possible and you will be able to park for free. Full details will be in your registration email.
- Please remain in your car until your specific arrival time and then head to the registration gazebo
- We are allowing a maximum of 5 people per tour group. Each tour group must contain people from the same family or social bubble
- We are staggering arrival times for visitors, every 20 minutes
- Hand sanitiser will be available at the registration gazebos and we have various hand sanitising points throughout campus
- UEA is operating a one-way system around campus and tours will be following this route
- UEA is adhering to the 2 metre social distancing policy at all times and 2 metre markers are in place where queues are likely to form
- Face coverings are required inside all University buildings and in crowded areas so please bring a mask with you. We will have disposable masks if you forget to bring one. If you cannot wear a face covering because of a medical reason, you don't need to wear one.
We hope that this reassures you about visiting our campus and look forward to welcoming you soon.