Student Services offer a wide range of services to support you through your studies.
Our friendly, helpful and customer focused advisers are here 5 days a week offering expert support and advice, so you get the most out of our services.
Please do not use the live chat for emergency situations, please call 999 or 01603 592222 (Security) for assistance.
Our Live Chat service is a great way to contact us. You can talk to one of our advisers Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 16:00.
For times outside of these hours please email email@example.com.
If you try Live Chat just before we’re due to close, and we’re busy with other customers, we may not have chance to connect with you, please try again the next working day or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you start
Let us know what you want to talk to us about, by providing the information requested below, and we’ll try to connect you to an advisor as soon as possible.
- Full Name
- Student Number
- Select a Category
- I would like to book an appointment with Student Services
- I need some finance support
- I need help with (learning enhancement support) with my studies
- I need help with disability support
- I need help with living in residences
- I need help with my visa / BRP
- I need help with mental health and wellbeing
While you're waiting...
Helpful Telephone numbers:
Medical Emergencies: 999
Urgent Medical Advice: 111
The University Medical Service: 01603 251600
UEA security: 01603 592222
Samaritans: 116 123
- Student services on My UEA (log in required)
- Health assured information for 24/7 support for students (log in required)
- University Medical Practice
- UEA FAQs and updates regarding COVID-19 (log in required)
- Student minds info and advice regarding managing your mental health and COVID-19
National anonymous listening services:
Call: free phone 116123 (24-hour service) or email email@example.com
Call: 0800 068 4141, Text: 07786209697 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Minds
Text: YM to 85258
Call: 300 304 7000 between 4.30pm and 10.30pm each evening
Call: 0800 58 58 58 or webchat service
We are doing our best to get to you as quickly as we can. Often the types of enquiries we are helping our customers with will take some time, and we ask for your patience until we are able to assist you. Some of our customers require more time with us, and we will accommodate every request where we can.
You will be the next person we speak to, as soon as we have resolved the issue of the customer we are helping now. Because of the complexity of some of the things we support, it is difficult to estimate how long you may have to wait.
There are two reasons this may happen.
- During a chat session, if the customer is unresponsive, we will send them a reminder prompt. If, after another period of waiting, we still have no response from the customer we will end the Chat so we can assist other customers who are queuing.
- Our Service Desk advisors are mainly working from home and are dependent on their own home broadband connection, rather than the more reliable and faster UEA network. If they experience a home network issues you may be unavoidable disconnected, and we apologise for this. Please return to LiveChat where one of our advisors will help you.
Normally this is because all our advisors are busy helping other customers and the queue is full. Please pop back a little later and we will be happy to help.
The advisor you were speaking to may already be connected to a different customer. Please allow the advisor you have been allocated to assist you.
If necessary, they can read the transcript from your previous call, so you don’t have to repeat everything, and they are aware what solutions have already been discussed.
Our Live Chat opening hours are 10:00 – 16:00 Monday to Friday.
To ensure we can answer all chats before the end of the day, we close the queue 15 minutes before the end of the session.