Visiting students are typically classified as 'exchange students' or as 'fee-paying students'.

Exchange students are responsible for all costs other than tuition. Depending on the visa you obtain, for immigration purposes some students must also have financial support to cover their entire period of study.  For Erasmus+ students, please contact your home university regarding your Erasmus grant allowance.

Please note that Middlebury College, Roanoke College, and the University of Redlands have a special financial arrangement with UEA (see below).

Fee-paying students apply and enrol directly with UEA or through a Study Abroad provider.  Depending on the agreement (if any) we hold with your home university or Study Abroad provider, you will be billed directly. If you're unsure about billing procedures, please speak to your home university or Study Abroad provider.

  Autumn Sep-Dec (12 weeks) Spring Jan - Jun (12 weeks)  Academic Year Sep-Jun (38 weeks)
Tuition (non-UK)* £10,300 £10,300 £20,600

* Email to see if you are eligible for a discount. 


Cost of Living

How to Pay

Please note that if you are hoping to work while studying abroad in the UK, please ensure you have the correct visa. 

What do the fees include?

Our listed fees include tuition, as well as registration and exams. 

Accommodation costs, membership of clubs and societies, extra-curricular language tuition, use of the Sportspark, photocopying and printing and laundry are not included.

Some modules include a compulsory requirement for you to take part in a field trip - you're required to pay the entire cost of the field trip if this is the case.

Special arrangement for some partners

University Financial Arrangement
Middlebury College Tuition, accommodation, and meals paid by home institution
Roanoke College Tuition, accommodation, and meals paid by home institution
University of Redlands Tuition and accommodation paid by home institution


UK Bank Accounts

Visiting students are able to open a bank account. 

Full year students can get a letter from the Student Information Zone (SIZ) Hub to give to the bank, which confirms their student status at UEA. You will need to have completed registration before you are able to receive this letter, so you will not be able to obtain this before you arrive.

Single semester students can find alternative banking options through online banks. 

Additional Funding

US Federal Aid (FAFSA) is able to be used towards funding academic programmes outside the United States. Students should consult with the Financial Aid Office on their home campus to determine if a change of school code is necessary. UEA is able to certify loans, including Stafford Loans, Grad PLUS Loans and Parent PLUS Loans. If you need any assistance or have any questions regarding this process, contact us on

UEA FAFSA School code: G10 915