Policy@uea is a grouping, based within the Political, Social and International Studies subject area, that brings together researchers with an interest in public policy, public administration and/or public management from across the University, with an occasional guest speaker.
It provides a forum for interested scholars:
- To exchange new research ideas or research in progress
- To report findings from completed projects
- To discuss experience of research, including impact
- To explore potential for cross-School or cross-Faculty collaboration
- To discuss possible research or grant bids
- To facilitate co-ordination of responses to calls for funding or evidence
Meetings are held at least twice a semester, depending on interest, and texts and other materials are available on a dedicated 'policy@uea' Blackboard site (registration required).
Membership is open to any members of the University with interests in the above fields. Please send an email to email@example.com if you would like to be added to the mailing list and access to the policy@uea Blackboard site.
Thursday 14 November, 1pm, Arts 01.18
Noel Longhurst, ENV and CCP, ‘Creating a Fair Economy’
Kevin Daniels, NBS, ‘Good Work’
Thursday 12 December, 1pm, Arts 01.08 (note: different room)
Beth Neil, SWK, ‘Re-thinking adoption and birth family contact’
Sara Connolly, NBS, ‘Inequalities in parental leave across the EU’
Thursday 31 October, 1pm, Arts 01.18
Andrew Jordan, ENV, Brexit and the Environment
Nikos Skoutaris, LAW, Brexit and Borders
Thursday 17 October, 1pm, Arts 01.08
Sabine Jacques ‘Brexit, EU creative industries and intellectual property’