With 15,000 students from around 120 countries, UEA is a diverse and welcoming place!
Voted as one of the UK’s Top 15 universities, UEA enables you to experience top quality academic, cultural and social facilities and student support services.
- All exchange (including ERASMUS+) students need to be nominated directly to us by their home university (one of our partner universities).
- All fee-paying (not from an exchange partner) students require an academic reference from their home university.
- Your passport must be up-to-date and valid for longer than six months after the study abroad period. You must provide a copy of your valid travel document before arrivals to the Study Abroad Office, and inform us about any document changes prior to your arrival.
- EU citizens may use a valid EU identity card instead of a passport.
- All applicants must send an official transcript indicating their most recent grades, including a stamp or signature or other seal of authenticity from their home university.
- Study Abroad applicants are expected to have attained your university's equivalent to a U.S. 3.0 GPA.
- Erasmus applicants are expected to have attained suitable academic credits in line with the Erasmus agreement in place.
- Citizens of English-majority nations are not required to prove their level of English.
- Erasmus exchange students who are not studying on a Tier 4 visa may include a reference from their Erasmus Coordinator or English lecturer attesting an English level of at least B2.
- All other applicants must complete an English test and receive an IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall, and at least 6.0 in each category, or equivalent. (https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/admissions-info/english-language-equivalencies)
- Japanese applicants who receive an IELTS score of 6.0 overall, and at least 5.5 in each category, may be accepted but must only choose language modules.
- Students with lower English levels may apply on a fee-basis to our partner INTO for short English programmes, including Pre-Sessional Programmes and Study Abroad With English.