With 15,000 students from around 120 countries, UEA is a diverse and welcoming place!
Voted as one of the UK’s Top 15 universities, UEA enables you to experience top quality academic, cultural and social facilities and student support services.
Application help can be found here.
- All exchange (including ERASMUS+) students need to be nominated directly to us by their home university (one of our partner universities).
- All fee-paying (not from an exchange partner) students require an academic reference from their home university.
- Your passport must be up-to-date and valid for longer than six months after the study abroad period. You must provide a copy of your valid travel document before arrivals to the Study Abroad Office, and inform us about any document changes prior to your arrival.
- EU citizens may use a valid EU identity card instead of a passport.
- All applicants must send an official transcript indicating their most recent grades, including a stamp or signature or other seal of authenticity from their home university.
- Study Abroad applicants are expected to have attained your university's equivalent to a U.S. 3.0 GPA.
- Erasmus applicants are expected to have attained suitable academic credits in line with the Erasmus agreement in place.
- Citizens of English-majority nations are not required to prove their level of English.
- Erasmus exchange students who are not studying on a Tier 4 visa may include a reference from their Erasmus Coordinator or English lecturer attesting an English level of at least B2.
- All other applicants must complete an English test and receive an IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall, and at least 6.0 in each category, or equivalent. (https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/admissions-info/english-language-equivalencies)
- Japanese applicants who receive an IELTS score of 6.0 overall, and at least 5.5 in each category, may be accepted but must only choose language modules.
- Students with lower English levels may apply on a fee-basis to our partner INTO for short English programmes, including Pre-Sessional Programmes and Study Abroad With English.