Voted as one of the UK’s Top 25 universities, UEA enables you to experience top quality academic, cultural and social facilities.
APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2020 NOT YET OPEN
To complete your application you will need to upload the module chooser form which can be found above. Download the document, fill in your module choices and re-upload them in the module section of your application.
In order to complete your application at 100% please click to submit your application, otherwise the status of completion will stay at 99%.
You can view our Application Timeline here.
- All exchange students need to be nominated directly to us by their home university (one of our partner universities).
- All fee-paying (not from an exchange partner) students require an academic reference from their home university.
- Study Abroad applicants are expected to have attained their home university's equivalent 3.0 GPA (out of 4.0)
- Erasmus applicants are expected to have attained suitable academic credits in line with the Erasmus agreement in place.
Our application deadline for September entry is 1 June. If you're joining us in January, we'll need your completed application by 31 October.
- Your passport must be up-to-date and valid for longer than six months after the study abroad period. You must provide a copy of your valid travel document before arrivals to the Study Abroad Office, and inform us about any document changes prior to your arrival.
- EU citizens may use a valid EU identity card instead of a passport.
- You must provide us with an official transcript indicating your most recent grades, including a stamp or signature or other seal of authenticity from your home university.
- Citizens of English-majority nations are not required to prove their level of English.
- Erasmus exchange students who are not studying on a Tier 4 visa may include a reference from their Erasmus Coordinator or English lecturer attesting an English level of at least B2.
- All other applicants must complete an English test and receive equivalent to an IELTS score of at least 6.5 overall, and at least 6.0 in each category, or equivalent. (https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/admissions-info/english-language-equivalencies).
- Japanese applicants who receive equivalent to IELTS score of 6.0 overall, and at least 5.5 in each category, may be accepted but must only choose language modules.
- Any applicant with equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or above, and at least 5.5 in each category, may take modules in Economics.
- Students with lower English levels may apply on a fee-basis to our partner INTO for short English programmes, including Pre-Sessional Programmes and Study Abroad With English.