How can I study abroad?
The timetable of activities for how to study abroad differs from institution to institution, but for full year students it is broadly as follows:
- October - November - students submit study preferences for allocation
- December - April - host university confirmation and applications
- March - May - final application and immigration steps
- April - Pre-departure event
- July - October - departure
Read more about how to study abroad
When can I study abroad?
|Year Abroad (4-year degree)||Generally, Year 3 is spent abroad|
|Semester Abroad (3 year degree)||Generally, Semester 2 of Year 2 is spent abroad|
Where can I study abroad?
Our partner institutions§ span the globe and the list is growing!
§ Availability may be limited to certain Schools of study and may vary based on:
- region-specific programmes, e.g. Year in Australasia
- relevant module selection
- approval of the School Study Abroad Coordinator
- annual variance in availability of places at partner universities
UEA offers a number of scholarships to support students studying abroad. More details and application information can be found on the scholarship pages.
UEA’s Malaysia Office has been working closely with Sunway Education Group in Malaysia. As part of enhancing this relationship we’d like to recommend their summer programme to UEA students who are thinking of embarking upon an overseas experience this summer.
The programme dates will be from August 27 – September 16 2017 and it will cost RM5500 per student for single room accommodation on campus with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities, all scheduled meals and scheduled activities.
For more information please contact Carlyn Wong on email@example.com