How can I study abroad?
The timetable of activities for how to study abroad differs from institution to institution, but for full year students it is broadly as follows:
- October - November - students submit study preferences for allocation
- December - April - host university confirmation and applications
- March - May - final application and immigration steps
- April - Pre-departure event
- July - October - departure
Read more about how to study abroad
When can I study abroad?
|Year Abroad (4-year degree)||Generally, Year 3 is spent abroad|
|Semester Abroad (3 year degree)||Generally, Semester 2 of Year 2 is spent abroad|
Spaces available for the following academic year are provided at the Year Abroad meeting held during the first semester of your second year of study. If you are a single semester student (on a 3 year degree) then the spaces available will be announced during semester 2 of your first year. Please note that space availability varies annually.
Where can I study abroad?
Our partner institutions§ span the globe and the list is growing!
§ Availability may be limited to certain Schools of study and may vary based on:
- region-specific programmes, e.g. Year in Australasia
- relevant module selection
- approval of the School Study Abroad Co-ordinator
- annual variance in availability of places at partner universities