Have you ever wondered if social sciences are for you?
Preparing for Social Sciences is a programme of events for KS5 students delivered by staff and students from UEA. Designed to support students in local sixth forms and colleges who are from backgrounds that are currently under-represented in higher education, Preparing for Social Sciences aims to provide an insight into studying one or more of the following subjects at university:
- International Development
- Social Work
As part of the scheme students will get the chance to:
- Shadow a current undergraduate student and experience real life university lectures and seminars
- Explore possible career routes
- Experience taster lectures and workshops
- Meet current students and academics at UEA
- Develop academic study skills sessions to help with the transition to university and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), if relevant
- Get expert guidance on applying to university.
Activities are scheduled throughout the year with some taking place during the school holidays. There is no cost to participate in these activities and support with transport will be available. Dates will be advertised in advance and students will be expected to attend all sessions unless there are exceptional circumstances.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or phone on 01603 597799