UEA Law School is one of the top law schools in the United Kingdom. We want your research to make a real difference. Our inspiring postgraduate researchers are part of a vibrant research community. Their research confronts legal and socio-legal questions relating to both local and global challenges.
Staff research interests in Law include:
- Company and commercial law including dispute resolution/arbitration, insurance and carriage of goods
- Competition law
- Criminal law (including international criminal law) and criminal justice
- EU law and Brexit/secession and devolution
- Gender inequality and caring responsibilities
- International law: international economic law and sustainable development, and environmental law
- Law and economics
- Media, IP, IT and data protection law
- Medical law
- Private law: contract, tort, property law and land use
- Public law and human rights
- Public protest, policing and surveillance
- Refugee law and displacement
Working closely with an academic supervisor gives you the support to carry out your own independent research and make your own mark. We have a wealth of remarkable academics, but how do you know which team will be right for you?
We suggest you look at the School's website, check out some academics and read up on some of their publications. We recommend that you identify at least one member of staff at UEA who might be your supervisor and that you contact them, to express your interest and discuss your research proposal.
You will need to submit a research proposal of no more than 2000 words with your application.
Find out more on the Law web pages.