We are a top tier, research-led university and are committed to making a substantial impact on the global challenges facing society. Our postgraduate researchers have opportunities to work at the heart of active research teams, challenging boundaries and making real advances.
Staff research interests in Law include:
- Company and commercial law including dispute resolution/arbitration, insurance and carriage of goods
- Competition law
- Criminal law (including international criminal law), policing and criminal justice
- EU law and Brexit/secession and devolution
- Gender inequality and caring responsibilities
- International law: international economic law and sustainable development, and environmental law
- Law and economics
- Media, IP, IT and data protection law
- Medical law
- Private law: contract, tort, property law and land use
- Public law, human rights and public protest
- Refugee law and displacement
Working closely with an academic supervisor gives you the support to carry out your own independent research and make your own mark. We have a wealth of remarkable academics, but how do you know which team will be right for you?
We suggest you look at the School's website, check out some academics and read up on some of their publications. We recommend that you identify at least one member of staff at UEA who might be your supervisor and that you contact them, to express your interest and discuss your research proposal.
You will need to submit a research proposal of no more than 2000 words with your application.
Find out more on the Law web pages.