We can provide a short standard letter confirming the basic details of your university registration and award obtained. This can also be provided by your relevant University Learning and Teaching Hub. Please note that charges, which are payable in advance, may apply.
Award verification letters can be used as proof of qualification
If you undertook your course at one of our Partner Colleges, please see our UEA Partner Colleges page.
This is a standard letter printed on our University headed paper which is signed, stamped and dated by the University's Academic Certifications Officer and confirms the basic details of your registration and degree, diploma or certificate obtained (if applicable). It can often be used as an alternative to a degree certificate as proof of a qualification from the University of East Anglia.
The letter contains the following standard information:
- Your full name (as held in UEA records)
- Your method of study (i.e. full-time or part-time)
- Your UEA School of Studies
- The start and finish date of your course (or your leaving date if you withdrew from your course prior its completion)
- The degree, diploma or certificate you obtained (if applicable), including the Class and Division for an undergraduate degree
- The date the award was conferred (if applicable). Note that if your name has appeared on a Pass List but the award has not been conferred the letter will confirm the date of the Pass List and will say that the award has "not yet been conferred" or show a future graduation date.
It is the University's policy to only issue award verification letters on request from students and we will not provide copies of a letter directly to third parties without the student's consent to do so.
We can provide a pdf version for a fee which can be emailed within 10 working days. We can also provide up to five hard copies of an Award Verification letter free of charge. There is a charge, payable in advance, for the sixth letter onwards (please see our Document Costs and Delivery Charges page for further details).
Please note that normally issuing an Award Verification letter can take up to 10 working days after receiving a request.
If you would like an Award Verification letter, please let us have a note of the following details:
- Your full name (if your name has changed since you were registered at the University, please give both your current and previous names)
- Your date of birth
- Your School of Studies, year of graduation and/or years you attended the University
- An e-mail address on which we can contact you if different from the address you are contacting us on if we have any queries
- Your current postal address
- Full details and the relevant address(es) and requirements if you would like us to issue a letter(s) directly to another person or organisation
Alternatively, the relevant UEA LTS Hub can issue you with a similar letter, which would be printed on UEA-headed paper, signed by an LTS Official and stamped with an LTS stamp.
If you require more detailed information regarding the content of your course, you may need to request Official Transcripts or EU Diploma Supplements.
Please see our Payment Instructions page if you would like us to provide you with a pdf letter or more than five hard copies of an Award Verification letter.
Please see our Special Delivery Options page for further details, information on the additional charges and a link to the Royal Mail web site.