FACULTY OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
PhD Studentships 2020-21
UEA’s Faculty of Arts and Humanities invites applications for doctoral studentships for entry in October 2020.
Areas of study include:
- American Studies
- Art History
- Film, Television and Media Studies
- Language, Communication and Translation Studies
- Literature, Drama and Creative Writing
- Museum and Heritage Studies
- Political, Social and International Studies
Studentship funding for these subjects is available from two sources:
(1) CHASE AHRC studentship funding, which is available to eligible candidates (usually UK/EU nationals who have been based in the UK for the three years to 1 October 2020)
(2) Faculty of Arts and Humanities studentship funding, which is available to all applicants.
Full studentship funding includes the payment of tuition fees and a stipend (currently £15,009 per year).
Eligibility criteria for CHASE AHRC funding can be found on the CHASE website. Applicants based in the EU but outside the UK may only be eligible for a fees only CHASE studentship (which does not pay a stipend). Eligibility queries should be sent to the UEA CHASE team.
Full details of the CHASE application process can be found on the UEA CHASE web page.
All candidates should contact potential supervisors during the autumn of 2019 to discuss their application and proposed research.
Formal applications for a place to study for a PhD must be submitted by the deadline of midday on Monday 13 January 2020.
Candidates applying for CHASE funding must submit an additional application by the deadline of midday on Monday 20 January 2020.
South East Network for Social Sciences (SeNSS) ESRC studentships
The Faculty also invites applications for SeNSS studentship funding in the following areas of study:
- Politics and International Relations
- Social Anthropology
SeNSS funds integrated 1+3 (Master’s & PhD) studentships as well as ‘stand-alone’ doctorates.
Further details of SeNSS studentships, including eligibility criteria and the application process, can be found at https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/research-degrees/phds-and-studentships/doctoral-training-partnerships/senss-dtp-studentships
General application enquiries should be addressed to UEA’s Postgraduate Research Service: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: (01603) 591709