We're looking forward to welcoming you to UEA. We are here to guide you through the steps you need to take before arriving at university.
Registration and Arrivals
Around 30 days before you start your course you will receive a registration email. Please register as soon as possible.
Don’t forget to complete all parts of the online registration task so you can access your induction information, get your campus card, see your timetable, and start planning for your arrival at UEA.
Choose from the options below to find out how registration will work for you.
Registration and arrivals - undergraduates
- Undergraduate UK students living in UEA accommodation: you will automatically be fully registered when you collect your accommodation keys.
- Undergraduate UK students not living in UEA accommodation: you will automatically be fully registered when you complete online registration.
- Undergraduate International and EU students: you must attend an in-person registration event. Depending on the type of immigration permission that you have this may be in-person or a remote process. We will update you on this before you arrive.
Registration and arrivals - postgraduate taught degrees
- Postgraduate UK students living in UEA accommodation: you will automatically be fully registered when you collect your accommodation keys.
- Postgraduate UK students not living in UEA accommodation: you will automatically be fully registered when you complete online registration.
- Postgraduate International and EU students: you must attend a registration event. Depending on the type of immigration permission that you have this may be in-person or a remote process. We will update you on this before you arrive.
Registration and arrivals - postgraduate researchers
Registration, for postgraduate researchers, will take place via an individual video meeting between you and a member of the Postgraduate Research Service. These meetings will take place from Monday 27 September onwards. You should receive an invitation email from us by Thursday 23 September containing details of your personal registration slot. We will call you through Microsoft Teams and use your UEA email address for the call, so you will need to log into the correct account in good time before the call. We will do everything we can to make sure we call promptly but please allow an extra 5 minutes.
The main purpose of our call is to complete your registration. If you have simple questions we can answer quickly we will. However, if answering your question will take time we will organise a follow-up call so that we have enough time to give you a full answer.
We know you will have lots of questions about being a new student at UEA. Our frequently asked questions will keep you up-to-date with what teaching and learning will look like at the start of term as well as answering your questions on the latest information for international new students to help with travelling to the UK.
You will also receive regular emails from us to help make your transition to University as smooth as possible whether you are joining us as an Undergraduate or Postgraduate, or from the UK or overseas so keep an eye on your inbox. We have included some key topics below which you can get started on before receiving your registration email.
Accommodation and CommutingIf you have applied for university accommodation or want to find out what your options are - our accommodation and commuting page will help you understand your next steps. If you are living in private accommodation off-campus or staying at home you can use our travel and transport page to help you plan your commute to campus before the start of term. The Accommodation and Commuting page also has information to help you settle into campus life when you start university.
Essential information ChecklistWe have created a list of the essential tasks and documents or information that you will need before you arrive at university, to bring with you or tasks you need to do when you get to UEA.
Travel and Visas for International StudentsWe are committed to supporting your arrival at UEA for the first time this coming September.
IT InformationIf you are wondering what device you should use at University, how to get connected when you arrive and remote access then you can get help from IT Services.
Registering for HealthcareFind out how to register with a doctor in the UK and the latest information on Covid-19 vaccinations.
Discover My.UEAFind out about our internal website for students and staff. My.UEA is where you can connect with your school of study and find the information to help you with your studies and settling in.