We host the annual Sebald Lecture on literary translation, which in recent years has featured speakers such as Professor Emily Wilson (University of Pennsylvania), novelists Arundhati Roy, A L Kennedy, Margaret Atwood, Boris Akunin, Ali Smith and Will Self, and poets Michael Longley, Roger McGough and Sean O'Brien.
We run a number of conferences and symposia that are featured on the British Centre of Literary Translation website, including:
- Publishing in Translation (30 November 2019)
- Sebald - Image – Translation (11 May 2019)
- Bridging Communities Affected by Past Conflicts (23 November 2018)
- Venuti and After (11 May 2018)
- Innovation & Experimentalism in Translation and Translation Theory (18-19 November 2017)
We also run regular research seminars featuring leading scholars in literary translation. Recent seminars have featured talks by Dr Alexandra Borisenko (Moscow State University), Professor Matthew Reynolds (Oxford), and Professor Fiona Sampson (Roehampton).