The University of East Anglia is 10th in the UK for quality of research outputs (Times Higher REF 2014 analysis). We have a large research student community of more than 1,400 research students.
We are involved in five prestigious Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTP): CHASE (Arts and Humanities), SeNSS (Social Sciences), EnvEast (Natural Environment), ARIES (Natural Environment), and the Norwich Biosciences DTP (Biotechnology and Biological Sciences).
We are also involved in a Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) - NEXUSS (Natural Environment and Engineering and Physical Sciences) - and a split-site PhD programme with the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTP)
- CHASE: Consortium of the Humanities and the Arts South-East England
- SeNSS: South East Network for Social Sciences
- EnvEast DTP: Environment East
- ARIES DTP: Advanced Research and Innovation in Environmental Sciences
- Norwich Biosciences DTP: Bioscience consortium
- DART MRC iCASE: Doctoral Antimicrobial Resistance Training Programme