The University of East Anglia is 10th in the UK for quality of research outputs (Times Higher REF 2014 analysis). We have a large research student community of more than 1,400 research students.
We are involved in five prestigious Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTP): CHASE (Arts and Humanities), SeNSS (Social Sciences), EnvEast (Natural Environment), ARIES (Natural Environment), and the Norwich Biosciences DTP (Biotechnology and Biological Sciences).
We are also involved in two Centres for Doctoral Training (CDT) - NEXUSS (Natural Environment and Engineering and Physical Sciences) and AgriFoRwArdS (Engineering and Physical Sciences) - and a split-site PhD programme with the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) in the Shenzhen Special Economic Zone of China.
Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTP)
- CHASE: Consortium of the Humanities and the Arts South-East England
- SeNSS: South East Network for Social Sciences
- EnvEast DTP: Environment East
- ARIES DTP: Advanced Research and Innovation in Environmental Sciences
- Norwich Biosciences DTP: Bioscience consortium
- DART MRC iCASE: Doctoral Antimicrobial Resistance Training Programme