The Cowrie Foundation Scholarship
The University of East Anglia and The Cowrie Scholarship Foundation (CSF) will offer a scholarship to support Black African and Caribbean heritage applicants from socio-economically challenged backgrounds. Applicants must be ordinarily resident in the UK and commencing an undergraduate study in the academic year 2021-2022.
The Cowrie Scholarship Foundation wants to fund 100 Black British students through UK universities in the next decade. More information on the Foundation can be found here.
UEA will pay the full home tuition fees. The Cowries Scholarship Foundation will be making a contribution towards living costs.
- Applicants must identify as one of the following categories of ethnicity: Black African; Black Caribbean, Black Other; Mixed-White and Black Caribbean; Mixed White and Black African; or Other mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean or Black Other).
- Applicants must have been accepted on to an undergraduate course at UEA which is only 3 years of study. Course length must not exceed 3 years.
- Applicants must have a household income of less than £25,000 p/y.
- Be studying your first degree (not completed or started a degree previously).
The Cowrie Scholarship Foundation aim to provide additional mentoring and training alongside their scholarship so applicants should be prepared to get involved with these activities.
Type of Course
- Tuition Fees
- UK Fees
- Demonstrate genuine financial need
- Self Funded
- Household Income <£30,000
Country / Region
- United Kingdom
Country of Domicile
- Black-British, UG course must be 3 years only, first degree, household income less than £25k p/a.
Restrictions with other scholarships
No other scholarships/awards.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, please complete an application form. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 27th July 2021.