Psychology as a discipline provides training in a range of key skills highly prized by future employers, making psychology graduates among the most employable graduates in the UK (Higher Education Career Services Unit, 2012; QAA, 2010).
Why Psychology at UEA?
At UEA we offer a range of psychology programmes catering for students with broad or specific interests within the field of psychology – and all with the option of a year abroad. We also offer flexibility, with the possibility of switching to a specific psychology pathway from the main Psychology programme (or vice versa) as the degree unfolds. All of our programmes are accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership.
Choosing psychology at UEA offers a high staff-student ratio, with small-group seminars in addition to lectures, and a range of additional activities with an employability focus. These include paid internships and placement opportunities for our second year students, and a ‘Dragons' Den' residential course focusing on packaging psychological skills in a business context.
Five reasons to study psychology at UEA:
- Our students have a great experience here: we consistently perform well in the National Student Survey (NSS). In the 2016 NSS UEA has been ranked joint third for overall satisfaction out of all English mainstream universities. We are ranked in the Top 10 Psychology departments in the UK (Guardian University Guide 2017).
- Our teaching is research-led, with a balance of small and large group teaching so students really get to know the lecturers. The School of Psychology has enjoyed success in the Research Excellence Framework (2014); all of the research submitted was judged to be of international quality, with over 80% rated as world leading or internationally excellent.
- We offer a range of additional training opportunities running in parallel with the degree programme that will help maximise what students have to offer for future employers, including paid placement and internship opportunities, a business training residential event, and a range of career planning support mechanisms.
- We have excellent facilities for teaching and research, with cutting edge equipment and labs used by students and staff.
- UEA is a great University in a fine city; the University as a whole is ranked in the top 3 Universities in the National Student Survey 2016. Find out more about the University and City of Norwich - an exciting place to live - watch our student film.