This series of seminars is one strand of our Norwich - City of Interculture project and is an initiative focused on issues of intercultural competence. They are intended to bring together researchers and practitioners with the aim of increasing understanding of each other's perspectives on intercultural issues and, therefore, creating opportunities for collaboration.
The series builds on the momentum of the 'Let's Talk' public roundtables organised by our staff in July 2011 and June 2013 and the impetus they generated to share experience of the challenges of communication across and between languages and cultures, in theory and practice.
- Spring 2014: Translation, Ethics and Empathy in Multilingual Interviews
- Autumn 2013: Translation Quality
- Autumn 2012: The Role of Faith Communities in Intercultural Communication
- Spring 2012: Sport and Translation
- Spring 2012: Intercultural Competence in Healthcare Communication
- Autumn 2011: Police, INTRAN and Translation