Leading high quality research evidence to support people affected by addiction
Addiction Research at UEA produces high quality multidisciplinary research evidence to impact upon people who are affected by addiction, including service users, carers, health professionals and policy makers.
Our research emphasises responsiveness to social, cultural and pressing health needs, and supporting high risk or disadvantaged groups.
We lead large scale nationally and internationally funded research grants and collaborate on programmes of research, evaluations and health needs assessments.
Our main research themes
- Smoking cessation, tobacco control and electronic cigarettes
- Opiate dependence
- Alcohol dependence
- Service evaluation and health needs assessments
- Dr Hayley Pinto, Consultant, Change Grow Live
- James Wade, Lead Advisor, Smoke Free Norfolk
- Dr Christos Kouimtsidis, Consultant Psychiatrist in Addictions, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Dr Lynne Dawkins, Associate Professor in Psychology, London South Bank University
- Dr Ben Walden, Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist, Change Grow Live
- Dr Sharon Cox, Senior Research Associate, London South Bank University