"I would definitely recommend getting a mentor, not only if you’re not sure about what career you may want to focus in on, but also if you do have an idea, it’s a great way to find out more about how to gain internships, have an industry professional look over your CV/cover letter, and to build a relationship with someone in the industry"More case studies
Talk to someone who has been there and done it
The UEA Mentoring Programme offers the chance to get great advice and guidance from somebody who was once in your shoes. Through one-to-one sessions, a mentor can help you broaden your horizons and guide you through your first steps into employment.
- Confused about what you would like to do after your degree?
- Do you lack confidence to approach professionals and take those next steps?
- Need guidance and support from someone who's been there?
- Have you identified the career sector you wish to pursue, but want some further information on the sector and how to progress?
- Do you have a business idea you would like to turn into a reality or are looking to scale up a venture?
If you answer yes to even one of these questions, then our UEA Mentoring Programme could be just what you need to navigate your path towards a career. Here's how a mentor could support you:
Six Month Mentoring Programme - One-to-one support from a mentor over six months for in-depth guidance and support.
Insider Insights Mentoring Programme - One-off information sessions designed to give you a greater insight into a particular sector.
How can I find out more and register?
You can register your interest by completing the relevant Registration Form via MyCareerCentral:
Business Start Up Mentoring (for those interested in starting up or growing their own business)
The Registration Form will ask for further details in order to help us find the best match for you, so it is important to fill in as much detail as you can to help us do this. If you want advice on how to complete the form, you can book an appointment at CareerCentral and a Careers Advisor can help you.