Don’t just take our word for it that a career in healthcare is rewarding and satisfying. Hear from some of our graduates as they share their experiences of studying at UEA, life beyond graduation, their aspirations and what advice they’d give as you embark upon this exciting next step in your education.
You will also have the opportunity to win school awards with prize money as our Boards of Examiners award prizes at the end of each academic year in recognition of academic achievement and marks:
Awarded to students on the MSc Occupational Therapy and MSc Physiotherapy courses for the highest mark for the final year dissertation.
An annual prize of £100 awarded for the best overall academic performance in the following listed courses:
- Dip HE in Operating Department Practice
- Dip HE Paramedic Science HSC School Prize
- BSc Hons Midwifery
- BSc Hons Nursing Adult
- BSc Hons Nursing Child
- BSc Hons Nursing Learning Disabilities
- BSc Hons Nursing Mental Health
- BSc Hons Occupational Therapy
- BSc Hons Paramedic Science
- BSc Hons Physiotherapy
- BSc Hons Speech and Language Therapy
- Degree Apprenticeship in Adult Nursing
- Degree Apprenticeship in Occupational Therapy
- Foundation Degree in Health Studies (Nursing Associate Apprenticeship).
An annual prize of £100 shall be awarded for the best overall academic performance of the following courses:
- MSc Adult Nursing (pre-registration)
- MSc Mental Health Nursing (pre-registration).
An annual prize of £100 awarded for the Best Overall Academic Performance according to the final mark in all modules, in the following Post-Registration courses:
- BSc Hons Nursing Practice
- BSc Hons Acute Critical and Emergency Care
- BSc Hons Enhanced Professional Practice
If in any year no candidate is judged to be of sufficient merit for a particular prize, the prize shall not be awarded. If two candidates for a prize are judged to be of equal merit, that prize may be divided.
An annual prize of £100 awarded for the Best Overall Academic Performance in the following listed courses:
- MSc Advanced Practitioner
- MSc in Advanced Professional Practice.
This Dissertation Prize is awarded to a student on the BSc Occupational Therapy course for the highest mark for the final year dissertation.
- There shall be one Prize awarded annually by the School of Health Sciences
- The Dissertation Prize shall be awarded to the student on the BSc Occupational Therapy course who receives the highest mark for their final year dissertation.
- The value of the Prize shall be £50 and will be given either as cash or as vouchers.
- The Prize shall be awarded by the BSc (Pre-reg) Exam Board on the recommendation of the BSc Occupational Therapy course director, in consultationwith the research module co-ordinator.
- If more than two candidates are judged to be of equal merit, the Prize may be divided.