Visiting and Exchange students starting courses in September will receive a room offer if they have:
- Applied for their course and sent all the necessary information to the UEA Study Abroad Office by the course deadline
- Applied for accommodation before the accommodation deadline, preferably in May/June as offers will be sent out in July
Erasmus students starting courses in September are guaranteed accommodation.
Visiting and exchange students starting courses in January will receive a room offer if they have:
- Applied for their course and sent all the necessary information to UEA Study Abroad by the course deadline
- Applied for accommodation in the month of November. Offers will be sent late November to early December.
If you are studying a full calendar year (January to December) at UEA, we will only be able to offer you a room for ‘semester 2’ (January to June) of that academic year, in the first instance. After Easter, please visit the UEA Accommodation Office in order to book your room for ‘semester 1’ (September to December) of the following academic year.
If you would like to have the same room or if you would prefer to change rooms, please let us know at the time of booking. Although you would pay the standard nightly rate (not the autumn rate) for the September-December booking, please note that there is a yearly price increase in accommodation on the 1st August.
If you are still a UEA student over the summer and you wish to stay in residences, please make a separate application via our website using the ‘summer accommodation’ application form (June to September). If you require a bridge-booking between your summer accommodation and autumn accommodation, please note this on your summer accommodation application form. Price updates are available to view on our website in February.
Erasmus students joining in January are not guaranteed accommodation, but can still apply for a room. As an alternative, spring Erasmus students can choose (and will be prioritised for) Homestay accommodation which would be an option for the opportunity to live with a local person/family in a house or flat in Norwich. Erasmus students will be prioritised for our Homestay accommodation on a first come, first served basis. If you have any queries regarding Homestay, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer to search for private accommodation, please contact Homerun.
How to apply
Visiting and Exchange students should apply for a room in UEA residences using the Visiting/Exchange Student application forms. At the beginning of the application form, you will be asked to select which type of applicant you are from the following:
- Visiting/Exchange Student (Full Year) – Students who are coming to UEA as a visiting or exchange student for the full year
- Visiting/Exchange Student (Semester 1 Only) – Students who are coming to UEA as a visiting or exchange student for one semester from September
- Visiting/Exchange Student (Semester 2 Only) – Students who are coming to UEA as a visiting or exchange student for one semester from January
If you are joining us from one of the following, you do not need to apply for accommodation and you will automatically receive an accommodation confirmation email when room allocations take place:
- Dickinson College
- IFSA Butler
- Roanoke College
- Middlebury College
- University of Redlands
Occasionally we send out email updates regarding, applications, arrivals and payments. If you are joining from the above, please disregard the information regarding arrivals and payments.
When completing the online application form you will be given a range of options to rank in order of preference (please complete all options).
If you have any special requests please add details in the special requirements box on the form or email us directly. If you want to share with a particular student, include their name and student number on the form and make sure that they put your name and number on their form.