This course will enhance the knowledge of any person involved in the administration of medicines to patients with dysphagia, or those with a general interest in pharmacy who want to learn more.
What does the course involve?
This interactive MOOC offers the opportunity to network with other learners and with the creators of the course through discussions, graphs and social networking features. You will share your knowledge with other learners and professionals.
Students who complete this online course will be able to describe:
- The swallowing process and different causes of swallowing problems.
- The different types of medicines formulations and how these should be administered to patients.
- How tablets and capsules are designed to ensure that drugs are appropriately distributed in the body.
- Special considerations which need to be taken into account when giving medicines to older people and children.
- The special considerations which are required to administer medicines via enteral tubes.
- The law relating to the selection and administration of medicines.
- How best to administer medicines to patients with dysphagia.