APPLICATIONS FOR 2020 SCHEME HAVE NOW CLOSED.
*COMMENDATION - NEON WIDENING ACCESS INITIATIVE (OUTREACH) AWARD MAY 2019*
Applying to study medicine can be daunting, especially without any experience of university in your family to draw upon. Finding out more about more about medical careers can be difficult if you don’t know people who are already doctors. Medical Aspirations supports 40 year 12 students on their path to studying medicine through the following FREE activities:
- A three day, two night residential from 18-20 February 2020
- Ongoing support with applying to study medicine including; a three day GP work experience placement in summer, a dedicated current UEA medical student e-mentor, sessions on the UCAT admissions test, mock interviews and writing a personal statement
- A guaranteed interview to study medicine at UEA if you attend the Medical Aspirations residential
- The chance to receive a scholarship to study Medicine at UEA
- Access to speak with current UEA medical students
- For full details download our 2020 leaflet.
The Medical Aspirations Scheme is kindly funded by an alumnus of UEA who wanted to help aspiring medics from backgrounds under-represented in the profession and who are local to the University.
There are strict criteria for the programme, please read the FAQs below for details. Applicants for the 2020 scheme will hear about the outcome of their application before schools finish for Christmas.