Without any experience of university in your family to draw upon, applying to study medicine can be daunting. Finding out more about medical careers can be difficult if you don't know people that are already doctors. Medical Aspirations supports year 12 students on their path to studying medicine through the following FREE activities:
- A 3 day, 2 night residential in the February half-term
- Ongoing support with applying to study medicine, including sessions on UKCAT tests, mock interviews and writing a personal statement.
- A guaranteed interview to study medicine at UEA if you attend the Medical Aspirations residential.
- The chance to receive a scholarship to study Medicine at UEA, worth up to £37,000.
- Access to current UEA medical students
The Medical Aspirations Scheme is funded by an alumnus of UEA who wanted to help aspiring medics from backgrounds under-represented in the profession and who are local to the University. Find out more about whether you are eligible.
A few nice words from previous attendees...
"It has been an amazing experience and has definitely helped me to decide that I would like to study medicine at the UEA. I have had a great time and have enjoyed every lecture and activity you have arranged for us." 2016 attendee
"I really cannot thank you enough for the three days and I'm definitely going to attend any follow up sessions or any other opportunities you may allow for us. I will definitely recommend the course to any younger friends or family who want to pursue a career in medicine!" 2016 attendee
"I just wanted to say a huge thank-you for such an amazing opportunity and experience I have been lucky enough to have over this half term. It has honestly been one of the best few days of my life because its made me so excited and enthusiastic to pursue my dream of studying medicine." 2016 attendee