UEA PGCE Bursary
PGCE students with an annual household income of less than or equal to £20,000 and from an Adult HE Quintile 1 home postcode at the time of applying are eligible for an award of £1000.
Bursaries shall be a cash payment made in a single installment on the 8th October 2021.
You are eligible for this bursary under these Terms if you meet all of the following criteria:
• You are a UK citizen. EU citizens and international citizens and those from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man liable for international fees are not eligible for this bursary.
• You are registered on a PGCE course at UEA in September 2021.
• You are enrolled and attending as a student at the University at the time of payment.
• You have not received a DfE-funded Initial Teacher Training bursary, or a scholarship of £24,000 or more in relation to your PGCE study.
• You are eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
• You have been means-tested by Student Finance England.
• You have a qualifying annual household income of equal to or less than £20,000 as assessed by Student Finance England.
• Your home postcode as provided to the University by Student Finance England is in an area defined as a Low Participation Neighbourhood (Adult HE 2011 quintile 1) as defined at https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/data-and-analysis/young-participation-by-area/about-polar-and-adult-he/
Type of Course
- UK Fees
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Country / Region
- United Kingdom
Country of Domicile
You must be registered on a PGCE course at UEA in September 2021.
Students do not need to apply for bursary support. The University will assess who is eligible using household income and home postcode information provided by Student Finance England and will notify the student accordingly.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the UEA PGCE Bursary Terms and Conditions.