The Bright Spark scholarship rewards your hard work ahead of university. As well as good grades (see requirements below), we're looking for a research project that aligns to one of UEA's research themes.
Our research covers a multitude of topics, so we are mainly looking to see that your project relates to any of the degree subjects from any one of UEA's four faculties: Arts and Humanities, Medicine and Health, Social Sciences and Science. See our research pages for an overview of topics we are currently researching to link your research to the application.
You will also need to make UEA your firm choice on UCAS, and achieve:
- ABB at A level plus A in the EPQ, or
- DDM in the BTEC Extended Diploma (3 A-level equivalent) with D in research project unit (see terms and conditions for accepted courses/units), or
- 9 research units on your Access to Higher Education diploma, or
- 32 IB points plus B in the Extended Essay, or
- Equivalent qualifications, including mix of qualifications (see terms and conditions for full details of accepted qualifications)
- ABB at A level plus an ENSF PDP Gold Award, or - DDM in the BTEC Extended Diploma (3 A-level equivalent) with and ENSF PDP Gold Award (When completing the application form, please select the following option: The East Norfolk 6th Form College Personal Development Programme Gold Award)
Need some help with your EPQ?
We've put together some useful videos, activities and resources to help you with your EPQ - from setting your question to presenting your findings.
Type of Course
Number Available per Year
- UEA First Choice
- UK Fees
- Art, Media and American Studies
- Interdisciplinary Institute for the Humanities
- Literature, Drama and Creative Writing
- Politics, Philosophy Language and Communication Studies
- Health Sciences
- Computing Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- International Development
- Norwich Business School
- Social Work
Country / Region
Country of Domicile
You are a citizen of the UK, Channel Islands or Isle of Man. You are enrolling on your first undergraduate degree course at UEA, make UEA your firm choice and achieve the required grades in the specified qualifications and research projects.
Please note this scholarship is not available for those applying for deferred entry.
If you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to be considered for a Bright Spark Scholarship, simply complete the application form below. The deadline for applications is Thursday 8 June 2023.
Need some advice or guidance on writing your application? Ask us! Send your questions to Rachel, one of our friendly Outreach Officers.