Company: Deloitte LLP
Role: Tax Analyst
How has your career developed since graduating?
Tax analyst at Deloitte - specialising in Private Equity clients.
What is the most rewarding aspect of your current role?
The team and the progression possibilities.
What is your greatest work achievement since graduating?
Passing all my initial ACA exams first time.
What advice would you offer to current students interested in working in your field?
- Apply to internships in your second year - these will help you get a job in the field.
- Apply to as many different roles as you can - you never know where you'll end up.
- Don't be discouraged from apply to work at big firms.
What do you think are the most important things you learnt as part of your course?
The report writing skills have served me well in my new role.
Which skills do you think will be necessary now and in 5 years to succeed in your field?
- Ability to read and comprehend complex information.
- Ability to present information in a simple, understandable format.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients.
How do you think studying Economics at UEA as helped you in your career?
Economics at UEA really hones your transferrable skills e.g., presentation skills, report writing.
What is your favourite memory from studying in ECO?
The Economics Society and getting to know my course mates.