The School of Pharmacy will be hosting several Enrichment Events over the next academic year designed to give an insight into Studying Pharmacy at UEA.
An afternoon with an academic - 16th March 2018
Join us for an hour long lecture in Pharmacy. For students in years 10-13, optional tour of the campus afterwards. For more information and to book, click here.
Chemistry & Pharmacy Summer School – 1st-3rd July 2018
Join us at UEA for an exciting two-day residential experience from Sunday 1st - Tuesday 3rd July and enhance your personal statement part of your UCAS application. During the Summer School you will:
- Attend hands-on subject sessions giving you the chance to experience working in our undergraduate laboratory
- Be given a practical introduction to problem based learning
- Look at the science and technology behind the development and manufacturing of tablets
- Explore how useful chemistry can be and have the option to visit our research labs to find out more about our world leading research
- Have the opportunity to chat with some of our academics and students to find out more about studying Chemistry and Pharmacy.
£175 per student which includes accommodation, meals and activities. Free places and support with travel costs is available to students whose household income is less than £25,000 or who are in care.
Sixth Form Conference - 22 and 25th June 2018
An opportunity for Year 12 students to find out more about university and the courses on offer. Students can join a campus tour with our Student Ambassadors, take part in interactive subject-specific sessions and get advice about student finances and UCAS.
- Capacity 350 students
- 10.00am - 15.00pm (registration from 9.15am)
- FREE event
- Individuals book your place to attend
- Schools can book a maximum of 50 places (where available).
In addition to this we run outreach workshops for events organised by our Admissions, Recruitment and Marketing department – in the last year we have run workshops at Bringing Scientists to You, East Norfolk Triple Science Network, Student Life Sciences Conferences, Pharmacy Taster Sessions, Move on Up and the Year 9, 10 and 11 summer schools held at UEA over the summer.
For more information on our engagement and outreach activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Rosemary Norton.
We have numerous school partnerships, but we are keen to develop more! We would love to come and discuss our world leading research in schools/colleges, give talks and advice about studying pharmacy/pharmacology and drug discovery, or run tailor made workshops to suit your needs. We are also keen to get involved with school STEM clubs. For more information and requests please contact Rosemary Norton.
We are keen to come and discuss our research out in the community and get involved with local organisations and events you are running. For more information and requests please contact Rosemary Norton.