Language skills can no longer be regarded as an optional extra to a well-equipped society. Rather, they are a key indicator of how willing and prepared we are to operate in an increasingly multilingual and multicultural world.
"Today we are global citizens, competing for jobs with people from all over the world, many of whom speak more than one language. 72% of UK businesses value foreign language skills among their employees. It is the No. 2 skill behind IT". British Council (Languages for the Future)
Skills you will gain:
- Speaking and communicating confidently.
- Improve your understanding of other cultures and people
- Challenge yourself and gain confidence
- Ability to improvise and adapt to new situations
- Global mind-set and cultural intelligence
- Team work and problem solving
University Language Programme
Watch our new 'Learn a Language' Video: