The UEA Final Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) Scheme has been designed to provide pharmacy technicians with the skills and knowledge to undertake the final accuracy check of dispensed items that have been clinically screened by a pharmacist.
The Scheme has been developed to meet the standards of Nationally Agreed Framework for Final Accuracy Checking of Dispensed Items, and is therefore a nationally recognised accreditation which is transferable between workplaces in all regions of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The course is delivered using a blended learning delivery method, consisting of e-learning, face-to-face teaching and the collection of workplace evidence.
To complete the course, candidates are required to:
- Complete e-learning packages
- Attend a regional study day
- Build a portfolio of evidence, including a log of 1000 correctly checked items
- Undertake a final checking practical assessment under controlled conditions
- Complete an external review