Finding the right path can be tricky, that's why our team of professional careers advisers are trained to support you, whether it is discussing your options, overcoming obstacles to progress, presenting yourself to employers or finding opportunities.
Advice and Guidance appointments
At CareerCentral speak to a friendly team member who can help you book an appointment. We will ask you a few questions to find out more about your requirements, and will tell you about our appointments to ensure you are directed to the service that is most appropriate for your needs.
We offer three main types of appointment
To book an appointment either drop in to see us or call 01603 593452. For general enquiries email email@example.com.
CareerCentral on The Street is open Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- 15 minute appointments bookable on the day. At busy times we advise that you speak to us as early as possible after 9am for the best choice of appointment times.
- Available every weekday during term time between 11am-4pm and most afternoons during vacation.
- Quick queries deal with a range of topics including where to begin with careers, CV or application feedback, finding work, further study and interviews.
- After a quick query you may referred for a longer guidance appointment if necessary.
- 45 minutes in duration and bookable in advance
- Careers guidance appointments provide opportunity for more substantial reflection and to discuss particular circumstances, issues or ideas in greater depth. The aim is to give more clarity options, situations or decisions so that action can be taken.
- You will normally be booked in to see the Careers Adviser assigned to your school.
- Up to one hour in duration and bookable in advance. Mock interviews offer the chance to practise interview technique and get feedback on performance before an actual interview.
- The Careers Adviser will agree with you areas of focus and will ask a series of interview questions. Feedback will then be given on topics such as how you answered the questions, length of answer, tone of voice and body language.
- We usually use a video recorder to record your interview. This is not mandatory but we strongly recommend it as a learning tool to develop your interview technique.
- If you are invited to interview at short notice (e.g. 1 or 2 days in advance) we will try to accommodate you but we cannot guarantee it.