New members of staff who identify as LGBT+ are very welcome and the group is steadily growing with both work-based and social meetings. We also have an organisational membership of Stonewall and aim to be taking initiatives connected to the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index over the next year so it's a good time to get involved.
Our Staff Pride group aims to:
- provide support and information to staff on LGBT+ matters in the workplace
- act as an advisory group on LGBT+ equality & diversity issues within the university, eg contributing to policy development and implementation
- increase the visibility of LGBT+ issues in the workplace
- have a positive and recognisable presence within the university community
- organise social events to celebrate diversity and cultural inclusion
- sign-post to other LGBT+ support networks and organisations.
If you are interested in finding out more or attending one of our meetings, then please contact the Equality and Diversity Office in confidence and we will put you in touch with someone from the group, or you may like to contact Staff Pride directly and one of the group will get back to you.
Staff Pride network meetings for the 2020/21 academic year will take place on:
Monday 14th September 2020, 2.00pm-3.00pm
Wednesday 11th November 2020, 3.00pm-4.00pm
Thursday 14th January 2021, 2.00pm-3.00pm
Monday 8th March 2021, 11.00am-12.00pm
Friday 14th May 2021, 11.00am-12.00pm
Monday 12th July 2021, 2.00pm-3.00pm
All meetings will take place via Microsoft Teams under further notice.