If you have lost your graduation certificate we can provide you with a replacement. Please note that if it was sent to an incorrect address at the time of your graduation, or it is more than 12 months since your conferment date a charge, which is payable in advance, applies.

How to obtain a replacement certificate

We are only able to issue a replacement for a certificate originally issued by the University of East Anglia. If you obtained your original certificate at another University you should contact them directly to obtain a replacement.

If you undertook your course at a UEA Partner Institution, please see our UEA Partner Institutions page.

Requesting a certificate within 12 months of award conferment

If you are notifying us of non-receipt of your certificate within 12 months of your conferment date the Graduation Office will issue a replacement certificate free of charge to your registered address. 

If your certificate has been sent to an incorrect address or has been lost or damaged after receipt you will need to pay £35 for your replacement certificate. 

 Please contact the Graduation Office at graduation@uea.ac.uk.

Requesting a certificate for an award that was conferred more than 12 months ago

If your conferment date was more than 12 months ago and you are requesting a replacement certificate you will need to contact the Student Records Office. There is a charge of £35, payable in advance, for this service.  Please note that if you require a replacement of more than one certificate, the charge applies to each certificate.

It is the University's policy to only issue replacement certificates on request from graduates and we will not provide copies of a certificate directly to a third party without the graduate's consent to do so.

We are normally able to issue the replacement certificate within 20 working days of receipt of payment. This timescale will vary during Winter, Spring and Summer Graduation periods and you will be notified of the waiting time when you place your order. Unless otherwise requested, certificates are posted via Royal Mail (for UK addresses) or via Airmail (for international addresses) free of charge.  We offer a courier service for international deliveries and further details can be provided on request.

Details required

Please e-mail Student.Records@uea.ac.uk providing the following details:

  • Your full name (if your name has changed since you were registered at the University, please give both your current and previous names)
  • Your date of birth
  • Your School of Studies and campus location, your year of graduation and/or years you attended the University
  • Your award title (if you cannot remember, please state 'not known')
  • An email address on which we can contact you if we have any queries
  • Your  postal address for certificate delivery
  • Full details and the relevant address(es) and requirements if you would like us to issue the certificate directly to another person or organisation.