living away from the University living away from the University

Norwich is a safe and beautiful place to live. With a huge private rental market offering great value properties all over the city, there is sure to be the perfect place for you.

If you are living off-site and require help or advice please contact the Student Union Advice Centre. UEA SU also runs the Homerun service, which provides a housing list of houses, flats, bedsits and lodgings available for rental in the private sector. Homerun can also offer general advice and information about renting in the private sector. However, it is your responsibility to deal directly with the agent or landlord when making accommodation arrangements in the private sector.

Houses, flats and bedsits are nearly always furnished but you should expect to provide bedding, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.

You are advised to enter into a legal contract with the landlord. If you have any doubts over the wording or content of the contract, the UEA SU advice centre can offer support.

Contacts Contacts

Student Union Advice Centre for Private Sector Housing
Telephone: 01603 592505

SU Homerun Service

Student Union Welfare Officer
Telephone: 01603 593463

Local Newspapers
Eastern Daily Press
Evening News