Postgraduate applicants only
In order to secure a place on your chosen course (subject to meeting the conditions of any offer made), we require all overseas Postgraduate Masters and Postgraduate Research applicants to pay a £2,000 deposit. The deadlines for receipt of International Deposits are:
- Postgraduate Taught Masters (September start) - 31 July
- Postgraduate Taught Masters (January / February start ) - 11 November
- Postgraduate Research - 3 months prior to the start of the course
If we receive your deposit after the deadline, we are unable to guarantee your place on your course.
Students receiving a scholarship that covers their full tuition fees may have the deposit waived, if they provide the Admissions Office with a copy of their scholarship award. Students studying at INTO UEA may also have their deposit waived.
What your deposit covers
Payment of the deposit will:
- Hold open your place on the course, subject to fulfilling any conditions of your offer, at which point a place to study on your chosen programme will be allocated.
- Secure a place in UEA accommodation for eligible applicants, subject to the terms and conditions outlined by the Accommodation Office, including completion of the Accommodation Preference Form by the 31st July.
- Secure your CAS to enable you to apply for your student visa. Follow the guidance on our Applying for Your Student Visa pages and/or the advice of your local UEA representative/agent wherever possible (see specific country pages on this site to see our approved representatives/agents). Your CAS will not be issued until your deposit is received and all the conditions of your offer have been met.
For details of how to make your payment, please click here.
Pre-payment towards tuition fees and accommodation
You may pay more than the required deposit if you wish. However, the UK Visa & Immigration Service limits the amount that can be shown on your CAS to the full tuition fees and £1,020 towards accommodation. Therefore we recommend that you do not pay more than this amount in advance. These pre-payments will be listed on your CAS and deducted from the amount you will need to show to gain your visa.
Things to be aware of
- Deposit payment/waiver must be received before a CAS will be issued. CAS's will usually not be sent until 3 months before the course start date.
- The deposit amount received will be listed in the CAS, reducing the amount of funds needed in the visa application process
- All overseas students are required to pay the £2,000 deposit unless the Admissions office agree to waive it. A waiver may be granted to either students providing evidence of a full fees scholarship, or those studying at INTO UEA.
- The deposit will be offset against the first tuition fee instalment which is issued by UEA after you register on your course.