Postgraduate applicants only
In order to secure a place on your chosen programme of study (subject to meeting the terms of any offer made), we require that all overseas Postgraduate Taught Masters and Postgraduate Research applicants, including those holding a conditional offer (see refund conditions below), pay a minimum £2,000 deposit. The deadlines for us to receive the International Deposit are:
- Postgraduate Taught Masters - 31 July
- Postgraduate Research - 3 months prior to the start of the course
- Postgraduate Taught Masters with a January or February course start date - 4 December
If we receive your deposit after the deadline, we are unable to guarantee your place on your course. We will not issue a CAS for an applicant's student visa until their deposit has been received.
What your deposit covers
Payment of the deposit will:
- Hold open your offer of a place at the University, subject to the fulfilment of any conditions of your offer, at which point a place to study on your chosen programme will be allocated. We may give your place to another applicant if you do not pay your deposit by the deadline.
- Secure a place in residential accommodation on campus for eligible applicants, subject to the return of an Accommodation Preference Form by the stated deadline and the terms and conditions outlined by the Accommodation Office
- Secure your CAS which is needed to obtain your student visa. Follow the guidance on our Applying for Your Student Visa pages and/or the advice of your local UEA representative/agent wherever possible (see specific country pages on this site to see our approved representatives/agents). Your CAS will not be issued until your deposit is received and all the conditions of your offer have been met.
Payment of your deposit can be made in several ways:
- Flywire is our preferred option for receiving payments from students who are outside the UK. Flywire provides an easy and secure way to send international payments, using a variety of methods including China UnionPay, Amex, aplipay.com, Credit / Debit card and local Bank Transfer. Go to uea.flywire.com to make a payment.
- Pay via credit card by calling the UEA Cashiers Office during UK business hours (+44 1603 592687) and giving your credit card details over the telephone.
- If you have a bank account in the UK, pay by direct bank transfer into the UEA account shown on the Payment Notice Form.
Pre-payment towards tuition fees and accommodation
Note that you may pay more than the required deposit if you wish. However, the maximum amount that can be shown on your CAS is the full tuition fees and £1020 towards accommodation. Therefore we recommend that you do not pay more than this amount in advance. These pre-payments will be listed on your CAS and deducted from the amount you will need to show in-country to gain your visa.
Things to be aware of
- Visa letters (CASs) will not be sent to students until a deposit has been received (or waived)
- The amount received will be listed in the CAS and on the UKBA system, reducing the amount of funds needed in the visa application process
- The deposit cannot be offset against any scholarship offered by the University of East Anglia; if you receive a scholarship from UEA you still need to pay the £2000 deposit
- The deposit may be waived where our admissions department is provided with evidence that you have secured funding from your government or an agency which covers the full cost of your studies
- The deposit will be offset against the first fee instalment following Registration