ResNet is a contact, support and information network for women working in research or supporting research across the Norwich Research Park.
The details of the next ResNet event are as follows:
Further information can be found in the Events and Past Events sections of this website.
ResNet is for ALL women in research and those supporting research activities, including PhD and MSc students, contract research staff, postdoctoral researchers, research fellows, administrators, technicians, research assistants, University faculty and institute project leaders.
Network members can be found in most Schools and Departments at the University of East Anglia
, The John Innes Centre
, The Institute of Food Research
, The Genome Analysis Centre
and The Sainsbury Laboratory
We would welcome your input and comments about gender and diversity issues in the research environment. We would like to include your ideas for events, workshops or meetings that would help to raise awareness of these issues, promote good practice and create an enhanced working environment for the benefit of all.
The aims of ResNet are:
- to promote career development
- to provide inspiration, information and support
- to raise awareness about equal opportunities
- to bring together women researchers with common interests.
The project has delivered the following:
- a network primarily for women research staff in the sciences at UEA and the Norwich Research Park.
- a programme of activity to support the development of knowledge, attitudes and skills consisting of workshops, visits and visiting speakers.
- an email newsgroup to enhance and encourage communication, and the exchange of ideas and contact among network members.
And the benefits have been as follows:
- raising individual awareness of the current situation of women.
- providing a forum where common concerns and issues can be explored and discussed.
- empowering women to improve their outlook on their career.
- providing a source of data on women research staff at UEA and Norwich Research Park.
- feeding into policy-making to improve the gender balance.
- increasing the visibility of women in research at UEA and the Norwich Research Park.
If you would like to join our mailing list please go to:
ResNet is administered from CSED