Want to improve your future employability? Want to get relevant, paid work experience at a time convenient for you? If so, then the UEA Internship Programme is here for you!
The UEA Internship Programme helps you increase your workplace confidence, develop new skills, and make your CV stand out from the rest. If you want to challenge yourself and apply your skillset to exciting and innovative live projects in a range of sectors, then why not undertake an internship through UEA? The programme comes highly recommended by more than 96% of former interns!
For current students our programme offers you the opportunity to secure paid part-time opportunities while you study, as well as part-time and full-time opportunities during the holiday periods.
For graduates (for up to three years after graduation) internships can last between four weeks and a year and could be full or part-time, meaning that there will be a time frame to suit you.
Internships are primarily based in East Anglian organisations or at UEA itself, but we are increasingly offering opportunities further afield, cementing ourselves as a flexible resource for students and graduates wherever they're based.
"It is a great way to acquire experience in an industry that interests you. It can give you an idea of the career path you would like to take."
Previous internships have included:
- Planning and conducting research projects in business, the public sector, science and health research
- Developing new marketing strategies and materials for campaigns and causes
- Creating and designing new websites, programmes and tools to help organisations improve their online presence
- Business consultancy, planning and strategy.
What can you gain?
- The experience of learning new skills, and having the opportunity to apply them in a real-world setting - 96% of interns developed new skills!
- A chance to develop your confidence in the workplace and find out what you are capable of
- The ability to explore what job is right for you
- Money - you can earn while you boost your career prospects. A productive use of your time!
91% of graduate interns told us that their internship helped them secure their current job.
"It gave me the confidence to remain in Norwich once I had completed my degree and enabled a smooth and natural transition from studying to employment."
I'm interested, so what should I do next?
Register your interest on MyCareerCentral so we can keep you updated with the latest opportunities.
View our current opportunities.
Please note, our internships are intended to be a springboard into employment. Therefore, you are not normally allowed to undertake more than three internships on our programme.