The UEA Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Staff (BAME) Staff Network is a friendly, professional support network for colleagues across campus who identify as part of the BAME community.
We meet regularly; discussing contemporary topics, feeding in to UEA policy and procedure, taking part in shared activities and projects as well as socialising and getting to know others across campus in a relaxed and friendly environment.
We’re always happy for more members to join in, so if you’re interested in becoming a member of the network, send an email to email@example.com and we’ll add you to the group.
What we do
Some of the things we’re working on at the moment include:
Starting our own book club
Mapping out the global reach of the network’s membership
Collating cultural celebrations, events and knowledge to share and learn from each other
To provide a network of support and encouragement to all UEA BAME staff
To celebrate diversity and inclusion
To raise the profile of issues affecting the UEA BAME community
To inform and educate the wider UEA community on BAME issues
Our meeting dates for the upcoming academic year are below, but we also arrange socials and coffee break catchups around our main meetings. Everything is currently taking place via MS Teams, where our meetings will take place and we also have an active group chat you can get involved in.
- Wednesday 20 October 2021, 14:00–15:00
- Thursday 25 November 2021, 11:00–12:00
- Monday 13 December 2021, 14:30–15:30
- Thursday 27 January 2022, 11:00–12:00
- Friday 25 February 2022, 14:30–15:30
- Monday 21 March 2022, 11:00–12:00
- Thursday 28th April 2022, 14:30–15:30
- Tuesday 24th May 2022, 11:00–12:00
- Thursday 30th June 2022, 14:30–15:30
- Tuesday 19th July 2022, 14:30–15:30
If you’re interested in participating, please contact us for more information.