- Request at least 9 module options per semester of study.
- Ensure that modules requested are for the appropriate semester (Autumn-only students must not select modules with exams).
- Each semester is comprised of 12 weeks of teaching.
- A full courseload is 120 UEA credits per year (60 UEA credits per semester). This is usually equivalent to three modules per semester.
- Non-Erasmus+ students must ensure that 2/3 of modules are in a single Faculty.
- Japanese exchange students with IELTS 6.0 may request Language modules only.
- Japanese exchange students with IELTS 6.5 and higher may select from all modules available to visiting students.
- Erasmus+ students may select modules only within the academic discipline to which they have been nominated.
NB: 2015-16 listings for some modules are available in the left-hand menu.
2015-16 Visiting Student Module Catalogue
Faculty of Arts & Humanities 1 (AMA) (PDF Document)
Art, Media and American Studies
Faculty of Arts & Humanities 2 (HIS) (PDF Document)
History - Final year modules only available to History majors.
Faculty of Arts & Humanities 3 (LDC) (PDF Document)
Literature, Drama and Creative Writing (LDC): Spaces are extremely limited in final year modules. Students may request a maximum of two LDC modules per semester. Alternatives can be found in Art, Media and American Studies.
Faculty of Arts & Humanities 4 (PPL Languages) (PDF Document)
Language and Communication (PPL): Spaces are limited on translation modules.
Faculty of Arts & Humanities 5 (PPL Politics and Philosophy) (PDF Document)
Politics and Philosophy
For the following schools, please use the 2014-15 catalogue for reference.
Faculty of Social Sciences (PDF Document)
Economics - Autumn-only modules are limited.
Education - Modules with sport or classroom placements are not available. - 2015-16 modules linked in left-hand menu
Norwich Law School -- 2015-16 modules linked in left-hand menu
Norwich Business School - Primarily year-long modules available. Alternatives may be found in Economics. - 2015-16 modules linked in left-hand menu
Psychology - Limited to students majoring or minoring in Psychology, and dependent upon demand.
Faculty of Science (PDF Document)
Chemistry - 2015-16 modules linked in left-hand menu
Computing Sciences - Autumn-only modules are limited.
Environmental Sciences - Autumn-only modules are limited.
Mathematics - No Autumn-only modules available.
Please download and complete the Module Request Form and upload to your online application.
Please follow this link for further information about the Timetable Slotting System.