The Said Foundation offers around twenty postgraduate scholarships annually to outstanding individuals from Syria, Palestine, Lebanon and Jordan who demonstrate the potential to become leaders and innovators of change.
There are no restrictions on academic subjects but priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that their subject will enable them to contribute to the development of their home country.
Applications are restricted to the Foundation’s partner universities in the UK. A full list of partner universities can be found on the Said Foundation website.
Eligibility Criteria for 2019/20
- Hold Syrian, Palestinian, Lebanese or Jordanian nationality. Candidates must permanently reside in the Foundation's target region however the Foundation will consider Syrians residing elsewhere due to current circumstances in that country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree that is equivalent of a UK 2.1 degree or higher at the time of submitting. Candidates in their final year of an undergraduate degree will also be considered.
- Demonstrate leadership potential in their chosen field or sector.
- Have applied to an eligible course at a Foundation partner university (or have legitimate exceptional reasons for applying for a non-partner university).
- Have work and/or voluntary experience relevant to their field of study and a clear career path on completion of their studies and return to their home country or region.
- Meet the Foundation's English language requirements (IELTS of 6.0 overall with at least 6.0 in each band). Some universities have higher requirements so candidates are expected to meet these requirements too. Evidence is required that candidates meet their proposed university's English language conditions.
- Uploaded all the required documentation to their application.
- Successful candidates are required to sign a binding undertaking to apply the skills and knowledge they have gained in the Foundation's target countries.
Applicants must apply on line: https://www.saidfoundation.org/how-apply-0
Applications for 2019/20 are now open and will close on Thursday 1 November 2018. Applications after this date will not be considered.
To obtain your offer from the University of East Anglia that will enable you to apply for the Said Foundation scholarship you should use our standard postgraduate procedure. Details are available here.
Find out more about Postgraduate Courses offered by UEA’s School of International Development, or alternatively contact us:
Tel +44 (0)1603 591515