This programme focuses on academic English and the study skills you need to succeed on your INTO academic programme or university degree.
What is Academic English?
This is a year-round course of intensive academic English language study designed to prepare you either for entry to a further academic preparation programme at INTO University of East Anglia or for entry to your degree at the University of East Anglia.
You will develop your English language and academic study skills, as well as research skills at higher levels. With multiple start dates and different durations of study, the course has the flexibility to cater for students with different language levels.
The course suits a range of needs and will teach you to:
- Adapt to university-style teaching.
- Learn the necessary research skills for university study.
- Improve your overall English language ability and academic presentation techniques.
What will I study?
You will initially focus on developing core English language skills, developing your knowledge and confidence in reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. After developing your core skills, you will focus on skills relevant to your study, including teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking and time management.
Assuming you have met the academic entry requirements for your chosen programme, achieving the required level on the Academic English course offers assured progression to the following courses:
- Direct entry to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of East Anglia.
- Assured progression to the International Foundation, A-level, International Diploma or International Graduate Diploma programme (Subject to meeting Tier 4 student visa requirements).