There are a number of ways to pay your International Deposit or pre-pay additional tuition and accommodation fees.
International Bank Transfer and Card Payments with Flywire
UEA has partnered with Flywire to provide you with an easy and secure method of sending international fee payments. This is the University's preferred method of payment.
- Pay by Bank Transfer, Debit / Credit Card or e-wallet solutions including China UnionPay, alipay.com and Visa / Mastercard
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Feel safe, with 24/7 multilingual customer support
How to use Flywire:
- Visit uea.flywire.com and choose your country and amounts you are paying in GBP.
- Choose your payment method and make a payment to Flywire.
- Enter your details and those of the student you are paying for.
- Track and confirm your payment by email, SMS or logging into uea.flywire.com.
Credit / Debit Card
Payments can be made by Credit or Debit card by telephoning the UEA Cashiers Office on +44 (0)1603 458 085, and providing the following details:
- Card Type
- Name of Cardholder
- Card number
- Expiry date
- Issue number (if applicable) and CVC (last 3 digits in signature strip on back of card).
- UEA does not accept payments by American Express
- We cannot accept payment information / card details by email
- If you are calling from outside the UK, you will need to pay the cost of an international phone call
If you wish to pay by direct bank transfer or online banking, payments should be sent to UEA's bank account as shown below.
IMPORTANT - You must quote your name and application number as a reference when making any payment.
Barclays Bank plc
5 - 7 Red Lion Street
Norwich, NR1 3QH
Account Name: University of East Anglia
Account Number: 30918202
Sort Code: 20-62-61
SWIFT Code: BARCGB22
Things to be aware of
- To conform with UK Money Laundering Legislation, strict guidelines exist with regard to UEA refunding any payments made, especially if those payments are made in cash. If we are unable to satisfactorily verify the source of the funds or the credentials of the payer, UEA may be unable to repay the funds. You are therefore strongly recommended to make payments by bank transfer or payment card or by Flywire if paying in foreign currencies.
- The UK Visa & Immigration Service have limited the amount of payments that can be listed on a CAS to full tuition fees plus accommodation fees of £1,020. We would therefore advise students to not pay more than this amount, to ensure you have the right level of funds in your bank account when applying for a Tier 4 visa.
- If you pay more than the cost of your tuition fees and accommodation, then any overpayment will be refunded after arrival.
- Please note, you MUST apply for UEA accommodaiton in order to be allocated a room. Full information of accommodation fees and the accommodation application form are available online at www.uea.ac.uk/accommodation.
- Make sure you use your full name and application number as the bank reference when you make this payment, for example "John Smith, 800047891", so we can assign your payment to your account. To help us do this, please complete and send a Payment Notice Form to alert the Finance Office of your payment.
- Ensure you keep a record of payment. We cannot issue a refund without proof of payment and can only refund to the same account payment was made from.