Discover law at university
Preparing for law is a programme of events for KS5 students delivered by staff and students from UEA Law School. Designed to support students in local sixth forms and colleges who are from backgrounds that are currently under-represented in higher education, Preparing for Law aims to provide an insight into studying law at university and a chance to develop the skills needed to succeed in studying law.
As part of the scheme students will get the chance to:
- Shadow a current law undergraduate and experience real life university lectures and seminars
- Explore the legal professions and visit the Inns of Court
- Participate in a mock trial and negotiation
- Experience law taster lectures and workshops
- Meet current students and academics at UEA Law School
- Develop academic study skills sessions to help with the transition to university and Extended Project Qualification (EPQ), if relevant
- Get expert guidance on applying to university.
Activities take place on no more than 2 days per term, with some taking place during the school holidays. There is no cost to participate in these activities and support with transport will be available. Dates will be advertised in advance and students will be expected to attend all sessions unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Applications are now closed for the current programme but if you have any queries, please email email@example.com or phone on 01603 597799