The Geospatial Scholarship Fund
Esri UK is offering The Geospatial Scholarship Fund to encourage and support Black African, Caribbean, Black or mixed Black heritage students in the study of geography and geoscience, as these students are significantly under-represented within the fields of geography and geoscience.
The scholarships will:
- Help to promote geography and geoscience as a positive life choice for students
- Provide financial and other support for students throughout their studies
- Increase the number of Black and mixed Black heritage students studying and working within the disciplines
There will be two awards made every academic year:
- Undergraduate Award of £30,000 to study geography or geoscience (£10,000/yr). The award can be spent on fees or maintenance.
- Master's Award of £20,000 (full time 1 year Master's) to study within the disciplines of geography or geoscience.
To be considered for the undergraduate award, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You have Black or mixed Black heritage
- You have an offer to from a UK university, starting in September 2021, to study:
- An undergraduate degree in geography or related geoscience
- A Master’s degree in GIS or a course with a significant component of GIS
- You meet at least one of the following:
- You have qualified for free school meals
- You are a young carer
- You are a looked after child
- Your household receives an annual income of less than £18,480
- You can demonstrate how and why the scholarship will enable you to fulfil your educational and professional ambitions.
Type of Course
- UK Fees
- Environmental Sciences
- Faculty of Science
Geography or geoscience
Country / Region
Country of Domicile
Closing date for application is 7 April 2021. Awards announced at Esri UK Annual Conference in May 2021.
Submit a short video (90 seconds max), a 500 word essay or other medium of your choice that answers the question below:
Why is geography or geosciences important to you and what do you plan to do with your new skills, knowledge and qualifications?
What will you need to do?
- Fill out a questionnaire providing some personal details
- Provide a cover letter introducing yourself
- Submit either:
- A link to your unlisted application video on YouTube
- Upload an application essay
- In addition, you can add links to other relevant material to support your application (optional)
To apply, visit the The Geospatial Scholarship Fund website
Terms and Conditions
This scholarship is awarded by Esri UK and not UEA. The award will be at the absolute discrestion of Esri UK and subject to Esri UK terms and conditions (see scholarship website for details).