About the Course
The Train the Trainer course has been developed to improve and support the development of skills, knowledge, critical thinking, decision making, values and behaviour of trainers in the workplace.
This course has been developed with the following groups in mind:
- Work-based trainers
- NVQ assessors
- Pre-registration trainee pharmacy technician tutors
- Pre-registration pharmacist tutors
- Integrated degree tutors
- Diploma tutors
There are four modules available in total.
Two modules delivered via face to face study days:
- Mentoring Skills
- Teaching Skills
Two modules delivered via e-learning on UEA Blackboard:
- Assessment in practice
- Education – theory to practice
The four modules are stand-alone and can be undertaken separately according to the needs of your role, or undertaken as a complete course.
It is advised that you liaise with your workplace education lead in order to decide which, if not all of the modules you will be required to complete. It is recommended that all four modules are completed to gain the full understanding and range of skills of a trainer.
If you are completing or have completed modules individually and you decide that you would like to sign up for another module you have not completed, you can do this at any time.
September 2019 Course
- Wednesday 18th September 2019 – Mentoring Skills – Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
- Monday 30th September 2019 – Teaching Skills – Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
February 2020 Course
- Thursday 6th February 2020 - Teaching Skills - Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
- Wednesday 26th February 2020 - Mentoring Skills - Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
June 2020 Course
- Tuesday 9th June 2020 - Mentoring Skills - Quy Mills Hotel, Cambridge
- Wednesday 17th June 2020 - Teaching Skills - Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
October 2020 Course
- Tuesday 6th October 2020 - Mentoring Skills - Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
- Wednesday 14th October 2020 - Teaching Skills - Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
Anyone wishing to register for this course should do so via the link to the UEA Application Form below:
For further information, please email: Rebecca Appleby, Senior Programme Administrator