About the Course
UEA has provided a Medicines Reconciliation Training Programme since 2009.
This revised edition has been nationally accredited, meeting the standards for the Nationally Agreed Framework for Medicines Management. It provides underpinning knowledge and assesses the competence of all staff required to undertake medicines reconciliation as part of their job role.
The programme consists of two levels covering knowledge and assessment:
Level 1 – Drug History Taking
Level 2 – Medicines Reconciliation
On completion of the programme, the pharmacy technician will have transferable, nationally recognised skills.
To complete the course, candidates are required to:
- Complete e-learning packages
- Attend a regional study day
- Build a portfolio of evidence, including reflective accounts on holistically observed assessments
- Complete an external review
The normal minimum entry requirements are:
- Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Employment in a medicines management role.
- A recommendation from the Senior Pharmacy Manager or designated Deputy to undertake the Programme.
Prior to attending the study day, all candidates should:
- Have been assigned a suitably qualified Educational Supervisor*
- Be familiar with local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to the medicines management role in which they will be working
- Have completed a full induction into the area where they will be working with a suitably experienced Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician who is accredited in medicines management or has equivalent experience at the practice base to be acknowledged as occupationally competent
*Educational Supervisors must be on the UEA approved list. All new Educational Supervisors are required to complete the Educational Supervisor Training Package.
Online training day
Wednesday 15th July 2020
Wednesday 4th November 2020
Pharmacy Technicians wishing to register for the Programme should do so via the link to the UEA Application Form below:
On entering the site you will be prompted to create a user account and then select 'Professional Development Applications' to apply for the course