SPECIALIST PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
We deliver advanced blended-learning clinical courses for specialist surgeons and regional anaesthetists. We currently offer four newly designed international courses:
|MSc in Principles of Regional Anaesthesia||Master of Surgery (MCh) in Coloproctology||Master of Surgery (MCh) in Principles of Breast Oncoplasty||PG Diploma in Aesthetic Breast Surgery|
|PG Diploma in Onco-Aesthetic Breast Surgery|
- Internationally focused, requiring no travel within - or to - the UK for any of our students
- Designed in-house, from the ground up by leading clinical educators
- Developed in close collaboration with surgical and medical colleges and consultants
- Adopts educational methods highly suited to postgraduate clinical learning
- Led and tutored by teams of respected consultant specialists
- Underpinned by the UEA's rigorous academic processes.
How are the courses delivered?
There is no requirement to commit to a full academic course meaning that modules can be taken in any order and as standalone units; up to two modules can be taken simultaneously. Each module will provide students with a certificate of completion and itemise the topics covered. On successful completion, each accredited module can build towards academic qualifications, should the student wish, ranging from Postgradue Certificates to Masters degrees. Additionally, unlike most university courses, the cost for these modular programmes similar for home and overseas students, making them financially flexible as well as offering competitively priced final qualifications. Click the links above to explore the SPD courses in more detail.
3-year Master of Surgery (MS) in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery course
In addition to the Specialist Professional Development courses, we offer a standard 3-year (MS/MCh) Master of Surgery in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery, which is also largely delivered online, but differs in the following ways:
- It requires (minimal) travel to the UEA or another UK location for an OSCE examination
- It is slightly less flexible in that students enrol on a Masters course that requires the modules to be studied in order; you can also exit with a PG Cert or PG Diploma
- It requires a formal review of a clinical log-book detailing your surgical skills in a prescribed number of operative procedures (this review is conducted at the OSCE examination.
- The course favours practicing surgeons who are working in healthcare systems where they can gain the required experience of oncoplastic procedures, on which they will be assessed through the log book review.
We have previously taken students from across the UK, EU, Russia, Canada, Norway, Australia and the middle east. If you are interested in this course and feel that you would be able to meet the criteria, please click here: https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/taught-degree/detail/ms-oncoplastic-breast-surgery-part-time