Externally funded studentships Externally funded studentships

There are two ways in which externally funded studentships can be applied for

  1. A supervisor puts forward a project to a funder and if awarded then advertises and recruits a PGR student.
  2. A named PGR applicant, together with the proposed supervisors, submit a joint application to a funder, e.g. NIHR Doctoral Fellowships, NIHR Clinical Academic Training Fellowships for Nurses, Midwifes and AHPs, MRC etc.

See our advice on PGR studentship/fellowship opportunities.