Linguistic and Cultural Representations across Media
Conference at the University of East Anglia - Wednesday 29 June - Friday 1 July 2011
Invited Plenary Speakers
- Juliane House (Hamburg University, Germany)
- Gunther Kress (University of London, UK)
- Michel Marcoccia (Tech-CICO, ICD, Troyes University of Technology, France)
- Jeremy Munday (University of Leeds, UK)
- Luis Pérez-González (University of Manchester, UK)
- Miranda Stewart (Hellenic American University, Athens, Greece)
- The end of conference Public Roundtable will be chaired by Peter Trudgill (Honorary Professor of Sociolinguistics, UEA)
Avec le concours du service culturel de
About the Conference
The "Cross-cultural Pragmatics at a Crossroads II: Linguistic and Cultural Representations across Media" conference will foster the interdisciplinarity of research into the complex negotiations at cultural and media interfaces, by bringing together scholars at the cutting edge of domains of enquiry with shared concerns but hitherto limited interaction: inter/cross-cultural pragmatics, translation studies, communication studies.
Proceedings will focus on issues of representation across languages and cultures in a range of contexts (eg the press, television, computer games, cinema, the theatre, museums, the internet), and a range of activities central to the sharing of information and knowledge in a global context: news transfer, multimedia/ screen translation, stage translation/adaptation and the provision of multilingual information generally.
See members of the Scientific Committee.
Download a copy of the programme.
Download a copy of the abstracts.
School of Language and Communication Studies
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Norwich, NR4 7TJ
Conference questions and enquiries:
Dr Giulio Pagani (email: email@example.com
tel: +44 (0)1603 593806)